Our mission is to connect the world’s premier digital asset exchanges and trading systems so that professional traders have a simpler, faster, and more cost-effective global trading platform.
Today we’re excited to officially announce several exchange partners and trading data showcasing our recent momentum (see below). As importantly, today we’re also announcing that we’re considering going public to help accelerate our growth even more.
Problems We Solve
But first, a quick summary of the key problems we solve for better context. Today’s digital asset trading markets are highly fragmented with no single, global market. Professional traders can only trade in local markets and, therefore, do not have access to the best prices and deep, global liquidity. Most U.S.-based traders cannot access most exchanges outside of the U.S. because most of these exchanges do not accept U.S.-based traders. Today, U.S. exchanges account for less than 10% of the total, global spot trading volume. This means there are undiscovered prices and liquidity for institutions.
Traders need to deposit large positions, and transferring those positions between exchanges is slow and expensive. Traders must also open multiple accounts and connect with multiple exchanges using different APIs, whose reliability varies widely and require high development and maintenance costs. Without enough distributed IDCs to connect exchanges across the world, trading speed is too slow for professional traders. In addition, high withdrawal and transfer fees force many traders to store their funds on centralized exchanges, which poses a huge security risk.
The end result is today’s international trading systems lack enough liquidity and are too complicated, slow, and expensive. That’s why we built Apifiny, the first truly global, digital asset trading network.
Our exchange partners benefit from our global marketplace of connected exchanges, ExOne technology, and proprietary algorithms to access unmatched global liquidity, superior price discovery, tighter spreads, higher fill rates and capital utilization, and normalized market data.
Learn more about ExOne Plus, our global market making solution for digital asset exchanges, Apifiny Connect, our trade execution platform that unlocks access to global exchanges and liquidity from a single account, and GBBO, our solution to get the best available bid and offer prices for digital assets across our global trading network.*
Some recent data to highlight our momentum:
New Exchange Customers
- We connect and trade with 24 total exchange partners, including 10 new exchanges over the past 3 months, such as Crypto.com, Huobi Global, OKEx, Kucoin, BitMax, HBTC and Blockchain.com’s Exchange among others.
- Apifiny trading platform accesses 21.84% of the total global trading market across its connected exchanges (data source: Coingecko). Since the largest exchanges in the world account for less than 8% of the global daily trading volume due to highly fragmented markets, our global market access growth is considerable.
- Apifiny’s customer roster includes the top 5 US exchanges and 23 of the top 100 global exchanges by trading volume across 12 countries and 4 continents.
Total Trading Volume Growth
- Apifiny total trading volume grew 4x over the last 3 months (Nov – Dec ‘20, Jan ‘21).
- We’re currently trading an average of $1.11B USD in BTC per month over the past 3 months.
- On a daily basis, we’re trading an average of 800 BTC per day, and a high of 1,500 BTC per day. This represents an average of $37.04M USD per day and $69.45M USD maximum per day, respectively, at $46,297 per BTC at the time of this writing.
Even in BTC’s current bull run, both our total volume and nominal USD value have increased. We attribute this to our efficient, proprietary algorithms and our customized trading strategies.
We know we cannot do this alone, and we’re grateful for our exchange partners, our global team and the industry at-large. Join the conversation by connecting with us on our social channels below.
* subject to regulatory requirements